D’Arcy’s Meats is proud to carry a wide selection of Alberta lamb sourced locally in Camrose and Innisfail. From sausage to chops, D’Arcy’s Meats has you covered!
Lamb meat is tender, delicious, and high in protein. Its rich taste combines beautifully with spices and other highly-flavored ingredients.
This versatile meat is available in a variety of cuts suited to a variety of cooking methods. While tougher cuts are perfect for slow-cooking, braises, and stews, prime cuts can be cooked quickly on the barbecue or roasted to perfection.
Lamb also comes conveniently minced, providing a great alternative to burgers, kebabs, and shepherd’s pie.
Know Your Cuts
When it comes to lamb, you have many choices as to the type of cut you can get. Here are some examples of popular lamb cuts:
- Shoulder: This fatty cut can be left on the bone and roasted until it falls apart. Shoulder cuts can also be diced for stews or cut into shoulder chops.
- Rack of Lamb: This trimmed rack can be roasted whole, carved, or cut into chops for quick-cooking.
- Loin: Also known as cannon or fillet of lamb, the loin is the eye of the meat from the rack and is similar to Beef T-Bone. It’s a learn meat that can be quick-cooked.
- Shank: The shank is a part of the lamb’s leg and can be slow-roasted and braised.
- Leg: The leg is the most versatile of all lamb cutes! It’s lean yet fatty enough to remain succulent and can be slow roasted for an amazing medium rare treat!
With so many options, your meal possibilities are endless!
Why Choose Locally Raised Alberta Lamb?
Alberta grows some fantastic quality Lamb that is milder in flavour than New Zealand or Australian lamb. By purchasing lamb meat locally, you are receiving a higher-quality product while supporting Alberta farms.
Have a Special Request?
D’Arcy’s Meats is more than happy to meet your lamb needs. Whether you’re looking to make a delicious lamb stew or grill some lamb chops on the barbecue, we have the cut you need!
Come visit our store today for quality lamb that will take your next delicious meal to the next level!
All meat prices fluctuate based on market prices. Contact us to get a quote!