Thanksgiving is a time for gratitude, family gatherings, and, of course, indulging in a hearty feast.
While turkey has long been the star of the show on Thanksgiving tables, there are plenty of delicious alternatives to consider.
If you're ready to take your feast to the next level, let's take a look at some Thanksgiving meat in Edmonton (as well as recipe ideas) that will turn your holiday gathering into an unforgettable culinary experience:
Succulent Prime Rib
If you're in the mood for something that's as impressive as it is delicious, prime rib should be on your radar.
The rich marbling of this cut ensures that every bite is tender, flavorful, and dripping with juices.
Seasoned to perfection and slow-roasted, prime rib will have your guests raving about your Thanksgiving meal for years to come!
- Garlic and Herb Prime Rib: Rub your prime rib with a mixture of minced garlic, fresh rosemary, thyme, and olive oil. Roast it low and slow to achieve that perfect medium-rare doneness.
- Peppercorn-Crusted Prime Rib: Create a crust of crushed black peppercorns, coriander, and sea salt on your prime rib before roasting. This adds a delightful kick of flavor to the meat.
- Red Wine Reduction: Serve your prime rib with a luscious red wine reduction sauce made by simmering red wine, beef broth, shallots, and thyme until it's rich and glossy.
A Taste of the Sea with Salmon
Not everyone is a fan of poultry, and if you're one of those individuals, consider a mouthwatering salmon dish as your Thanksgiving centerpiece.
Edmonton boasts a vibrant seafood scene, and you can find fresh, locally sourced salmon at various markets.
- Honey Dijon Glazed Salmon: Baste your salmon with a mixture of honey, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and minced garlic. Roast it until it's caramelized and flaky.
- Maple-Glazed Cedar-Planked Salmon: Marinate your salmon in a mixture of maple syrup, soy sauce, and ginger, then grill it on a cedar plank for a smoky, sweet flavor.
- Citrus Herb Butter Salmon: Top your salmon with a compound butter made from chopped fresh herbs, lemon zest, and garlic. Roast it for a zesty and aromatic dish.
Savory Leg of Lamb
For a dish that's both elegant and hearty, a leg of lamb is an excellent choice.
Edmonton's butchers and specialty markets offer high-quality lamb cuts that can be seasoned with rosemary, garlic, and other aromatic herbs.
- Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Leg of Lamb: Rub the lamb with a mixture of minced garlic, fresh rosemary, olive oil, and lemon zest. Roast it until it's beautifully browned and fragrant.
- Minty Yogurt Sauce: Serve your leg of lamb with a refreshing mint yogurt sauce made by blending fresh mint leaves, yogurt, lemon juice, and a touch of honey.
- Red Wine and Shallot Gravy: Create a velvety red wine and shallot gravy to accompany your lamb, adding depth and richness to the meal.
The Classic Roast Beef
Sometimes, the classics never go out of style, and a perfectly roasted beef is no exception.
Seasoned with your favorite spices and cooked to your preferred level of doneness, roast beef can be the centerpiece that everyone at the table can appreciate.
- Classic Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding: Pair your roast beef with traditional Yorkshire pudding for a British-inspired feast.
- Horseradish Cream Sauce: Offer a zesty horseradish cream sauce on the side, made from sour cream, grated horseradish, Dijon mustard, and a dash of lemon juice.
- Garlic and Herb Crust: Create a flavorful crust for your roast beef with breadcrumbs, minced garlic, fresh thyme, and olive oil.
Wild Game Delight
If you're an adventurous foodie, why not consider incorporating some wild game into your Thanksgiving spread?
These meats offer a unique and flavorful twist to your holiday meal while showcasing the region's culinary diversity!
- Bison Steak with Blueberry Sauce: Cook bison steaks to your desired doneness and serve them with a sweet and tangy blueberry sauce.
- Elk Chili: Create a hearty elk chili using ground elk meat, beans, tomatoes, and a blend of spices for a comforting and flavorful dish.
- Venison Medallions with Red Currant Glaze: Pan-sear venison medallions and finish them with a glaze made from red currant jelly, red wine, and a hint of balsamic vinegar.
Upgrade Your Feast With Thanksgiving Meat in Edmonton
As you plan your celebration with a twist, remember that D'Arcy's Meat Market is your trusted partner for sourcing the finest Thanksgiving meats in Edmonton.
Visit our online market to explore our extensive selection of meats, and place your order today.
If you have any questions or need assistance in choosing the perfect meat for your celebration, don't hesitate to contact us.
Our friendly team is here to help you create a Thanksgiving meal that will leave your family and friends impressed and grateful!